In November, Jacob had the chance to go goose hunting with his boss and a couple friends. He'd been looking forward to it for a while. They had practiced skeet shooting at a range a few times. He said they all had a good experience and their guide told them they were the best shooters he'd seen in a long time. They got 37 geese between the four of them. I haven't cooked any of the meat yet, but we did eat some goose jerky that Todd made, which was really good. Jacob kept joking that we were going to eat a goose for Christmas dinner, but we didn't. :) I'll have to cook it soon so we can try it.
They guys had to get up at 4:30 am to go out and set up all the decoys.
waiting for the geese to come
Dr. Gardner, Todd, Logan, Jacob
They are already talking about going again, but I think it will be a while before they do.


No comments:
Post a Comment