This year we spent Thanksgiving at Rachel and Todd's house with their friends, Brett and Chantee, who drove up from Corpus Christi. We each contributed food to the meal and everything was delicious. Although, I need to remember not to make sweet potatoes next year because I was the only one who ate them! Or at least I won't make so many. :) These are the only pictures I took that day. I guess I was too busy relaxing.
In the morning Jacob played football while Katie and I watched the Macy's parade and I baked in the kitchen. I also made stuffing and a pumpkin pie. When we left the Kosters house that night, Jacob carried our dishes out to the car. He stacked them precariously on the backseat and before he could shut the door my pie slipped off onto the driveway and the glass shattered into a thousand tiny pieces. No more leftover pumpkin pie. :( Oh well, it is pretty funny now. Note to self: use a metal pie plate next year...
Jacob did a little bit of shopping on Black Friday while I stayed home with Katie. On Saturday he went with friends to see the movie Skyfall and later I went with some girlfriends to watch Breaking Dawn II. It was pretty good and I thought it was one of the best of the Twilight movies, but I am kinda glad that series is over. We also put up our new tree that weekend and decorated the house for Christmas. I love the holidays!




No comments:
Post a Comment